Chemical Treatment Versus Heat Treatment
Why Heat Treatment?
Bed bug infestations can be difficult to combat, and often require a professional extermination. There are two basic methods of extermination: chemicals or heat.
Chemical treatments are problematic for a number of reasons, the fist being that they may not kill bed bugs, at all. Years of pesticide use has made bed bugs incredibly resistant to chemical treatments. Recent research has shown that some bed bugs can survive more than 1,000 times the amount of pesticide considered lethal just 10 years ago.
There’s no such thing as a heat-resistant bed bug, however. These pests can’t survive temperatures above 122°. Our treatment raises temperatures in your home up to 185° for a period of six to eight hours, ensuring that our treatment is almost always 100% effective.
Secondly, the chemicals used in pesticides may pose health threats to people and pets. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes the following side effects of pesticide exposure: skin and eye irritation, nerve damage, disruption of the endocrine system and even cancers. It’s also common for sprayed pesticides to end up in the air, soil, or water, where they pose environmental threats.
Our heat treatment uses hot water—not chemicals—to kill bed bugs. It’s a safe, environmentally friendly process that doesn’t involve any toxins, chemical residues, or lingering odors. A single heat treatment is often all that’s needed to relieve your home of bed bugs.